Wed, 13 Jun 2012 by Grayhawk Homes
Many first time home buyers are young adults that enjoy active lifestyles full of outdoor sports, entertaining guests at their home, and traveling. These event-filled lives often do not leave time for a lot of home and lawn maintenance. So what is a first time home buyer in Columbus, Georgia to do? Condo or Town Home living may be the perfect choice. Buying a town home for sale in Columbus, Ga enables the buyer to enjoy the benefits of home ownership without the hassles of a lot of home maintenance.
We believe there are 5 top benefits to town home living:
- Exterior Maintenance. Most Town Homes in Columbus, Ga have home owners associations that maintain the exterior of the town home and lawns. Town homeowners can enjoy the fact that they don’t have to repaint the outside of their home every 10 years and during those hot days of summer they won’t have to cut grass.
- Value. If square footage is important to you, you'll generally be able to afford more of it in a townhome than you would in a traditional home. The reason for this, of course, is the small amount of actual property your townhome occupies. Because townhomes are two, sometimes even three stories tall, builders are able to fit a lot of living space between those four walls. Home builders these days design incredibly efficient floor plans with compact stairways and do not leave in any wasted space. The end result is a very convenient, open, and spacious living space that is perfect for entertaining.
- Security. One of the greatest benefits of living in a town home community in Columbus, Ga is the security. By having neighbors nearby you always have eyes on the community. Criminals are less likely to break into a town home when the neighbors could easily hear the sound of glass breaking next door. In addition, if you are ever were in the need of assistance you always have plenty of neighbors close by willing to lend a helping hand.
- Community If you are new to an area or work a lot and don’t have the time to make or keep up with friends. Town home living may be the perfect answer. By having neighbors with similar lifestyles right next door, you can easily plan parties. Getting everyone together is as simple as knocking on your neighbors’ doors or posting a sign at the entrance of the community. Your neighbors are more likely to attend your event if all they need to do is walk across the street to your town home.
- Lifestyle Many town home buyers are looking for amenities and comfort. Common areas, nearby parks and recreation facilities, shopping and dining are usually on the top of the importance list for many town home buyers. When looking at town home communities, ask your agent how close it is to local parks, dining, shopping, and interstates.
If you are an active adult that wants to enjoy the benefits of home ownership without the hassles of maintenance. Consider a town home for sale in Columbus, Georgia. Town home living may be perfect for you.